Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Two Weeks Done!

I had my second weigh-in today and I lost 8 lbs.!! I was shocked! I was prepared for only two for my second week but I'm so happy. Total weight loss is 19 lbs. in 2 weeks =) My original goal was to lose 30 lbs. but that  goal is going to have to go a bit higher.

Successes for yesterday:
  1. I went to all of my classes that I was signed up for. It is so easy to skip and go do something on your own but I'm glad that I stuck to my schedule. 
  2. I survived a personal training session with Omari. I did 2 min on the stair stepper and then an exercise with weights and then back on the stair stepper. One exercise I had a 10 lb. weight in each hand and I sat down on the edge of a bench and then sat up and lifted the weights over my head. I did everything 29 times because that is how old I am. I should have told Omari that I was 22 and he would have totally believed me =) 
  3. And I reached over 4000 calories.
 Successes for today
  1. Losing 8 lbs. my second week
  2. I survived another personal training session with Omari. This time we did some drills that I could do in 30 min that are pretty intense if I don't have the time to have a good cardio work out. I don't know if I can even describe what I had to do but for the weights they look like round balls with a U shaped metal handle at the top. And I had to lift them over my head, do lunges, do squats, jump up in the air and all sorts of crazy stuff.
Today was a pretty hard day even though I kept reminding myself of my weight loss. It is now getting a lot harder to burn the calories I need each day. Because my cardio fitness has improved I have to work harder to get my heart rate up and burn calories. Before I go back to the apartment each day I try to get at least 3700 calories burned so that I can hit 4000 for the day. Most of the time it happens but sometimes it doesn't, like today =) I just have to keep working hard and then I know that I will be able to reach my goals.

2 comments:

  1. Tiff that is so awesome to have lost 19 pounds so far. That must feel so good both emotionally AND physically. I would love to hear more about how you are feeling health wise. What is different for you now, how do you feel overall? Even though it is really hard, are you feeling an awakening to a new life now that you are doing things that you didn't or couldn't do before? I am so happy for you and think of you often! Just keep plugging away. You can do this. You ARE doing it!

    Love,
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete