Monday, September 19, 2011

Thanks!

I have the best family and friends ever!! Thank you so much to everyone who has given me word of encouragement and support. I do work really hard everyday and do my best in each class that I'm in. Sometimes it is really hard to be positive and keep the affirmations going in my head but coming back and reading all of the positive comments helps out so much!

Believe it or not but I haven't always been the "glass is half full" type of person so this positive thinking every minute of the day is something that I'm working on. I have decided to write down all of my successes for the day so I can build upon them and see how far I have come. So todays successes are:
  1. In my boxing class this morning I kept good form for the entire class and I kept practicing the drills even though a lot of people get tired and stop.
  2. I made it through a pyramid class! This is the class where you raise the incline on the treadmill by at least 2 every three minutes and you try to keep your speed or go faster. I usually have to take my speed down a bit when the incline goes up but I did get through the whole class.
  3. I had a new class today that I haven't had before called  outdoor carido fitness. There were 9 different stations all designed to keep your heart rate up. We were outside and some of the stations were jump rope, bringing a medicine ball over your head and then slamming it down and catching it, mountain climbers - your are on the ground in push up position and then one leg comes up at a time and you alternate at a fast pace and of course there is a really long heavy rope that you have to move up and down. Each of these stations lasts for 2 min and for some of them that is a super long time. But I did all of them even though it was really hard and my heart rate had to be above 170. Thats pretty high =)
  4. I ran for 20 min at speed 3.7 on the treadmill in the morning and in the afternoon I walked for 40 min at speed 3.4 on the treadmill. And I didn't have to be told to do it, I just did it.
I was scheduled to stay for the crossfit challenge today but my feet were killing me, especially with all of the blisters and my Dad was coming to visit me. Has anyone gotten blisters in between their toes? I have them now and each toe is individually wrapped with a band aide. I think that I keep the local store in business with all of the band aids and powerade I buy. I found out that on the TV show Biggest Loser they give each person HCG shots and the trainers that you see on TV are really only there 2 or 3 times a week. I was surprised but actually not really. It is reality TV so you can't expect to much. It was super cold here today and that says a lot because I never get cold. During a class you get so hot and just want to go outside and cool off but today it felt good for like a minute and then I started shivering. It is kind of a nice break from the heat and I don't mind overcast skies.

I hope that my little feet can get enough rest tonight to be able to pound it out tomorrow. I will let you know what successes I have tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Way to go Tiff! The more things you do on your own without someone telling you to, the more empowered you will feel and the easier it will be to keep up this journey when you come home. That is a BIG deal and I encourage you to keep it up! YOU and you alone are in charge of your destiny. And you are changing yours! Keep it up. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tiffany! I love you! You are amazing and might I say inspirational! I love your blog updates! Thanks for sharing. Rock on: FLOWPOODER!

    ReplyDelete