Thursday, September 15, 2011

One Week Down

One week of working my buns off, literally, and I have lost 11 lbs! I didn't think that I would pull this big of a number on my first week but I'll take it. I did work really hard and I am pretty proud of myself. =)

After a good weekend it was back to work on Monday. I really wasn't to excited to back but it is my "job" =) So the day started out with intervals. You go up and down on incline and speed for an hour. I had no idea that a treadmill could go up to an incline 15! But I found out quickly. We started out at incline 5 and then went up to 8, 12 and then 15. Each interval lasted for 3 min and I had to adjust my speed each time the incline changed. There was no way I could go 3.5 at an incline 15. I would fall off and injure myself. I'm not sure how many calories I burned but it was a lot and I was super sweaty after. While I was going through it I wanted to cry because it was so hard but after the class I was so glad that I did the whole thing and I felt great. My next class was boxing and I do like it but my arms get so tired from punching. The trainer for the class is Marco and he fought professionally in Mexico when he was younger. He is a great trainer and really nice. I had been pretty emotional all day because you are dealing with so much and your body is kind of "in shock." After my butts & guts class I talked to my trainer, Schyler, and he gave me a pep talk. He assured me that I'm doing great and to forget about everyone else and what they are doing, because it is pretty easy to get competitive here, and focus on myself and remember why I'm here. Of course the trainers push you to go a bit longer/farther/more weight but if I'm doing the best I can then that is all I can to. Sometimes it is hard to remember that when you are in an abs class and are supposed to be doing an exercise for a min and I can only do 30 seconds. That talk really helped and I could finish the rest of the day. Good thing I stayed because I burned 4962 that day and I was super tired when I went to bed that night. One of the funnest classes is dance cardio. My first class was with Amber and she is a super small super spunky girl that bounces off the walls. In her classes she has a routine that we follow but there is another instructor, Omar y, who is Jamaican so he has that natural rhythm. His class is much more free style and it is fun watching him dance because it is awesome. He got some bad news that his grandma passed away suddenly back in Jamaica. So he took off and I hope that he comes back before I leave. He always was so positive and had a smile on his face.

I'm just writing down what I do daily and not sure what else to write. If anyone has any questions or wants to know more about what I do here just let me know and I will answer. I am going to try to update more often but by the time I'm done with my classes I have to eat, take a shower, have some down time and do a few other things it is time to go to bed. But I will do my best. Thanks so much for all of the support!! It seriously helps and I read them often. Goodnight!

5 comments:

  1. i really enjoy your updates! keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can only imagine how tough some of your days may be there... You keep up the hard work!!! you can do it Tiff!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are awesome tiff! We love you! Scott and Kamie

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOOT WOOT!!! You are seriously amazing! Love reading about what you're doing and I can only imagine how empowering it is to be seeing these results and accomplishing things you didn't realize you could do before! Keep up the hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my little Tiffany! I'm so proud of you and know you will set out what you started to do. You are just adding health-nut extraordinare to your repertoire of talents :-) Send me a msg on FB with your cell number because I don't think I have it anymore. I'm sure by the next time I see you -you really will only be a speck of Steck ;-) You'll be tiny and I may not even recognize you! Until you laugh... then I'll know it's really you. I love you! Keep soaking all of that good info up and sweating all of those bad thoughts out! GO TIFFANY!!!

    ReplyDelete